Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crazy Wife Moment...

I realize I have become a little too honest on this blog but oh well. I had a crazy wife moment tonight, my dear sweet husband got home from a "long" day. The word long is in quotes because he had a test and then he had to go to a movie with his brother. I hate when I have to go to movies with my brother... anyways... He comes home from this "long" day a little bit after I got home from my actual long day at work. I'm debating on packing up our room so we can move upstairs easier and as I'm contemplating, he turns on his Call of Duty. I HATE this game. HATE it. For some reason, when I hear that "dun dun" of the game starting, it sends craziness throughout my body. I asked him if he was seriously gonna play that. He then asks me if I want to watch a movie or something. I tell him I can't decide what to do, I really should pack up the room. Next thing I know, I hear that dang "dun dun." GRRRR. I tell him to at least turn it down, he replies by telling me that I need to ask him nicely. "Brian, will you please turn it down?" (In a very sarcastic voice). He tells me again to ask nicely. Um no thanks. I proceed to turn off the xbox and take out the game. My first thought was to break that dumb game in half and throw it in the garbage where it belongs, but I realized that it would just be another $60, leaving me less money to spend on home decor. So instead I take it to the bedroom and put it in my sock drawer. He then proceeds out the door. No words, nothing. We have been trying to be more patient with each other so I know he went outside to count to 10 or whatever. It's been an hour or so and he still hasn't asked about it... I think he knows better at this point ;) So instead, I get to watch a stupid documentary on health insurance. Which is worse? I don't know. Does anyone know what I'm talking about with these crazy wife moments or am I just crazy on my own?

4 comments:

Curls said...

Oh boys and their video games. I always just end up talking to Dan for a few minutes about how it makes me feel. Like I am doing all the work, even though I already did more work than he did that way. Then I have a little cry, he feels guilty, and we both work together on whatever it was that I was going to myself why he played.

I don't know-the longer I've been married the better these things have gone, usually I just try to be honest about my feelings and make sure to ask about his-maybe there's a reason he needed to blow off steam (not that there always is)

But I think we all have our crazy moments!

Kathleen and Jeramey said...

Ha ha ha, can I just say that this exact conversation has played out at our house many a time. And I love that I'm not the only one who realizes it's not worth breaking the game because he'll just buy another one so it's much easier to just hide it!!

The sock drawer is also one of my favorite hiding spots, ha ha!

morgan said...

Oh my heck! I don't know how I missed this post, but I was seriously dying of laughter! Kyle and I have this same situation play out at our house too! His stupid new game is black ops...blah! I guess maybe you and I need to craft and let our men play games! :) I sure hope your not a crazy wife, then that makes me one too! :)

Bama said...

I absolutely love that you have explained exactly how I feel when I see the game going into the xbox! I HATE it; and it goes exactly the same way, me telling him to "at least turn it down" after I already ask the "are you really going to play this! Yea it's happens to us all!