Saturday, August 7, 2010

10k at 10k

Oh my man, kill me now! Today I ran the 10k at 10k with my dad and stepmom. This race was up in Fairview Canyon, it was a 10k at 10,000 feet elevation. I just ran a freaking marathon so naturally I thought running a little over 6 miles would be piece of cake... WRONG. The first 2 miles are straight up hill, I'm not exaggerating. No flat or downhill road for freaking 2 miles. Not to mention the altitude kicked my trash and I could not breathe one bit. Yuck. I was light headed and my quads were burning the entire race.

Right before the race... look how happy I am

Michelle is freaking wonder woman and had no problem with this stupid race. Look how energetic she is
And here I come... definitely about to die
And the after picture... Blegh

For some reason I'm excited to do it next year. Maybe it's the fact that the stupid 10k beat me, I don't know. But next year, I WILL conquer that race.

2 comments:

morgan said...

I highly doubt it beat you! You are a freaking running machine! Good job at finishing, pretty sure I would have given up! Love ya!

Tori Bennett said...

What a woman! Great job!